Market Street Mission
Holy Cross is proud to work with The Market Street Mission, located off the green in Morristown, NJ. The Market Street Mission ministers to the homeless, helpless, and hopeless in Northern NJ by meeting their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs through a structured program which enables them to lead responsible, productive lives. The Market Street Mission meets their physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
Since 1889, the Market Street Mission has been helping deliver people from actual or impending calamity by using the good news of Christ.
Thanks to the generous support of our community in the past year, God blessed Market Street Mission by giving us the opportunity to:
- Serve more than 90,000 meals to homeless and underprivileged individuals.
- Provide over 30,000 shelter nights of care to men at our Emergency Shelter and residents in our Life Change Program.
- Hold over 400 chapel services with approximately 80 people attending daily.
- Distribute 1,200 backpacks filled with supplies to needy school children and teens in our area.
- Graduate 45 men from our Life Change Program.
- Distribute approximately 2,500 winter coats at our annual Coat Giveaway (the first Saturday of November).
- Distribute $35,000 in Thrift Store vouchers to families in need.
Holy Cross ministers to the Market Street Mission on the last Sunday of every month from 6pm to 7pm.